Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Stuffed Baby Portabella Mushrooms with Chicken Sausage and Vegetables

I just love being creative when it comes to meals for dinner. When dinner is creative, you have to work for it, and you enjoy cooking it, there is something a bit more satisfying about sitting down and enjoying it.

I try to eat as clean as possible ie: raw fruits and veggies, no added preservatives, dyes, etc., no processed foods, and lastly no overly processed dairy. I am also a strong believer in gluten free living, therefore I tend to stray away from anything that contains gluten. Although this can be difficult at times, I stick to it as best as possible, so I feel as great as ever!


Last night I made these little gems for dinner for myself.



Umm... yeah. These make my mouth water.

These my friends are stuffed mushrooms with chicken sausage, onions, carrots, yellow bell pepper and spices. I die.

What's also great, is these are simple to make. You can thank me later.


Stuffed Baby Portabella Mushrooms with Chicken Sausage and Veggetables

Ingredients:
Baby Portabella Mushrooms
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped fine
1 Sweet Onion, chopped fine
Handful of baby carrots, chopped fine
3 Chicken Sausage links, fully cooked in package
3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
Spices (Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, Paprika, No Salt Savory Seasoning)

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Clean mushrooms and take a spoon and "core" out the inside of the mushroom.
3. Chop up all veggies and add to bowl.
4. Chop chicken sausages up into small squares and add to the bowl with veggies.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of each of the spices, along with the 2 chopped garlic cloves to the bowl with the veggies and sausage.
6. Mix and take the "stuffing" and add to each mushroom until they are heaping full.
7. Place in a round glass pan (8") and place in oven.
8. Cook for approximately 25 minutes, or until the mushrooms have softened. 

Serve with a side salad drizzled with balsamic vinegar





No comments:

Post a Comment