Friday, January 4, 2013

Grain Free/Gluten Free Pumpkin Bars

Hello gorgeous... I'm a lover of all things yummy, filled with cinnamon, almond butter and especially pumpkin. That's why these new Grain Free/Gluten Free Pumpkin Bars are the perfect fit for this Ginger!

When I stumbled upon this recipe from Detoxinista, I knew I had to make them. Let me tell you, I am SO glad I did. These will not disappoint you... I promise. The thing that I love is that they are filled with healthy fats, not a lot of sugar, and are substantial when you are craving something sweet. Just imagine pumpkin pie without the crust, and this is what you get. 

Grain Free/Gluten Free Pumpkin Bars



Heat oven to 350 degrees (decrease to 325 degrees if using a glass pan)Adapted from:Detoxinista

Ingredients: 
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (from scratch or canned)
1/3 cup almond butter
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. To help with breaking up the almond butter and beating the eggs to help with the "rise" and "fluff" of the final product, use a hand mixing at medium speed.
Pour combined ingredients in an 8x8 pan greased with either coconut oil, low fat butter, or cooking spray.
Place in your pre-heated oven and cook for 20ish minutes or until the edges are nice and golden brown and the center is set.

Have some coffee while you wait for these little beauties to cook..

Take out of the oven and allow them to cool completely before cutting into them... Or if you are like me, cut into them the second you take them out and give yourself a nice little piece.




Look at how light and fluffy these bars came out to be... You can even see the little nuggets of crunchy almonds from the added almond butter.

Those were horrible.... obviously.

Refrigerate your left overs (if you have any).

No comments:

Post a Comment