Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Egg White Scramble with Toast and Fresh Cut Strawberries

So this morning I had a hankering for a good and yummy breakfast... and that's where my egg white scramble comes into play!

Here it is in all its glory... I'm salivating at this very moment... just kidding. But seriously.
So the components of my breakfast's are simple; protein, carbohydrates, vegetables and fruit are comprised in each meal that I eat in the mornings. Protein to fuel your body and get that metabolism going, complex carbohydrates to keep your blood sugar up, but also to keep it at a steady rate until your next meal, vegetables because you just plain need them in a balanced diet, and finally fruit to also get your daily servings, as well as get good sugars that keep your body moving!

Cooking eggs used to terrify me to be honest with you. I was horrible at it. Until my hubby, who used to be in charge of a majority of Denny's with the owner back home, showed me how to cook them the right way!

So to start off you want to cut up whatever veggies you want, today was onions for me. I took some shaved roasted turkey meat and placed that in the pan along with onion, salt and pepper and sautéed until the turkey is browned and the onion is fragrant. 
Take out of the pan, and then add your eggs. The pan should be at a medium heat (5ish). I used 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, scrambled them up, and add to the pan.
The key once you place the eggs into a pan is to make sure you don't hear them sizzle. If you do, take them off the heat for a moment and put back on once cooled a bit. Season with salt and pepper and add back the sautéed onions and turkey on top of the eggs. Take cheese, and sprinkle on top of the mixture (I used a low fat cheese stick).
Let the eggs sit for a bit until you see a white "crust" forming around the edge. Using a rubber spoonula (my fave kitchen tool by the way) move the eggs around the pan like you would a regular scramble. Cook until they are soft and not rubbery. When you think they are a bit undercooked, that's when they're done.
Served with 2 pieces of Spelt Bread topped with Raspberry preserves, a strong cup of coffee and 1/3 cup of all natural orange juice.
Cheesy, turkey oniony goodness!









No comments:

Post a Comment