Thursday, March 8, 2012

To run or not to run... That is the question

Ever since I started on my weight loss journey three years ago, I fell in love with running.
It started off as a mile... then 3 miles... 6 miles... 13.1 miles. Uh I know I'm a bit crazy, but I wouldn't be able to do that many miles if I didn't have the right shoes.
It's really critical to be able to run, be comfortable, and not have strain on your joints along the way.
When I really started getting into it, I saw buying a great pair of shoes as an investment for my health because that's what it is. After much googling and numerous try ons later, I picked the Asics GEL-KAYANO 16. It was a great decision and I immediately was getting tons of miles out of those things.
I know I made a great decision. :) Even more so because I've bought a couple more pairs of the same shoe... Maybe it's love?
Also, I recently invested in another pair of shoes, more specifically used for training purposes and regular gym workouts.
These Nike Lunarlon are comfortable, really light, and not to mention super cute! I've never seen anyone with this shoe in this color. In a way I guess I can say I'm sharing my individuality with everyone around me.
These weren't as expensive as the Asics since they don't have all the bells and whistles made to be a component of a long distance running shoe, but it works for the purpose that I use it for! Can't complain one bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment