Saturday, February 11, 2012

Best Banana Bread EVER.... And It's Actually Healthy (Shhh don't tell anyone)

Can you say yum?!


Recipe Day!


I love baking, cooking meals... well basically anything that allows me to get creative, get my hands dirty with great ingredients and sneak in a few taste tests is my favorite thing in the world. 


I have a passion for cooking and this is a sneak peak into my arsenal of recipes!










½ cup canola oil

1 cup sugar
2 eggs 
5 overripe bananas (And I mean the blacker and spotted the better)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
¼ cup wheat germ
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to *350˚ and grease two 8½ inch loaf pans.  

With a mixer, beat the oil and sugar.  Add Egg Beaters and bananas and mix thoroughly. In a separate bowl (I just mix it all in the same bowl!), mix flours, salt, baking soda, and wheat germ. Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and blend until just mixed. Add pecans and chocolate chips and stir. Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing it evenly. Bake for *50-60 minutes, until the top springs back when gently pressed.

Makes 2 loaves
Pile o' bananas

Choco-goodness

*Note- If using glass, reduce heat by 25 degrees
*Note- If you notice it is over browning on the top, but not finishing in the middle, take a piece of foil and "tent" the pan to prevent burning the top

No comments:

Post a Comment