Sunday, February 26, 2012

Power Snack

 So today I basically went on a baking/cooking rage spree and made just about anything that I could get my hands on... It started with prepping my chicken for the week for my husband and I. I made him Pineapple Coconut Crumb Muffins and oh my were they heavenly. I didn't make them gluten free for me, but after the fact he asked if they were "glutey free" as he likes to say... I should have so I could have stole a couple from him, but I snuck a bite. 
That's why I know they were super yummy ;)

Anyways, I made a really good power snack for any of you who want something that is really healthy for you and you know exactly what products go into it.
Ladies and Gents let me introduce you to the Protein Power Date Ball!

Look at that goodness!
So this recipe I basically came up with on the fly. I had been eyeing recipes lately utilizing dates, but was too intimidated. So I finally bite the bullet and made these scrumptious bites. You will not regret making these, I promise ya! 
PLUS it also gave me a great excuse to break out one of my birthday gifts from my parents...












Look at that beauty of a kitchen appliance! I think I'm in love? 
Just kidding... but seriously.




Protein Power Date Balls

Yields: One Dozen Quarter Sized Balls


Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Gluten Free Oats + 1/4 Cup Reserved
1/4 Cup Organic Carrots
1/4 Cup Dates (Pitted)
2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Peanuts
1 Scoop High Protein Powder (I used Chocolate Flavored)
1/4 Gluten Free Rice Chex
Optional mix-ins (raisins, chia seeds, peanut butter almonds, etc.)

Place 1/4 Cup of dates in a small saucepan of boiling water. Cover and let them sit for around 2 minutes, or until you see them start to split and get moist. 
Place oats, carrots, dates, cinnamon, dark brown sugar, peanuts, protein powder and Chex into a food processor. Turn on for about 15 seconds or until you notice the mixture coming together. 
All in the pot...

 Scoop out mixture into bowl and fold in reserved 1/4 Cup of oats. 
Roll into balls and place into refrigerator. 
So good I could lick the bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment