Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Today is the Day!

So.... Today is the day I turn 21! Woop woop!

These past 21 years have treated me so great and I couldn't ask for a better life than the one I live. I'm surrounded by a loving husband, family and friends and am incredibly blessed.

But there were a few years of my life where things were more difficult. I had a large amount of stress on me from dealing with family illness, and it took a toll on me mentally and physically. Mentally, I was sad and falling into a depression. Because of my depression, I began my emotional relationship with food. I ate away my feelings. Everything went away when I put that piece of cake, cookie, or bite of ice cream in my mouth. I felt happy, until I looked at myself in the mirror.



I had gained 35 pounds in a short amount of time and was so unhappy with my looks. I was unhappy on the inside as well. I didn't have the motivation to do anything about it, so I just kept eating. I had always been athletic, but even then I had no drive or energy to keep swimming or playing softball. It all changed when I broke down to my Mom. I still remember that moment.

I was crying, screaming, telling her I hated myself and that I was fat, ugly, and extremely unhappy. I was a wreck to say the least. I had hit my breaking point and it was time for a change. 

At my heaviest (158 lbs) December 2008
I hit the gym slowly at first, and then really got into it. Before I knew it, I had shed over 30 lbs and down to a healthy weight and healthy emotionally. I started to love my body and feed it the food it needed, not the food it craved. It was so difficult, but I accomplished what I was striving for. I have completely turned my life around for the better, and I am so proud of what I have become. My body is a temple and I choose to treat it with the utmost respect.

If you are struggling like I did, and so many other women do, DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOURSELF! If I can do it, so can you!



One of my favorites...



No comments:

Post a Comment