Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Going GREEK!

I must say I used to LOVE Yoplait yogurt with an absolute passion... until I lost weight and decided to look at the label. I had sticker shock as to how much sugar is contained in each little cup. All that sugar is not good for you, especially since there is really no nutritional content besides a few grams of protein. 


This will be your new best friend!
So my search began... And I found a lovely friend in greek yogurt :) My oh my is that sucker yummy! I will admit that at the beginning, it was really extremely hard to get used to the taste and thicker texture, but over time I was able to really come around to love it. Now greek yogurt is my go to snack, part of a meal for me such as breakfast or lunch, as well as a post-workout meal (REALLY IMPORTANT).


Yummy!

My good lunch from the other day... 8 oz. cup of Chobani Greek Yogurt with 1/4 cup cut strawberries and a handful of gluten-free honey nut Chex cereal. Perfect mix of protein and carbs!








1 serving of greek yogurt has 140 calories, 0 grams of fat, only 9 g of sugar, and 23 grams of protein. How can you resist something that is that healthy for you. Any-who, you really should give it a shot... It's perfect with a bit of granola, honey, strawberries, and anything else you can conjure up!

I hope you all have enjoyed your week so far :)

I'm off to keep my dogs company and watch some of my DVR

-Ash <3




No comments:

Post a Comment